Google Cloud Platform (GCP), the leading brand of public cloud services, and the only among service providers that operates datacenters in Taiwan, has attracted a great number of Taiwanese enterprises to use its various cloud solutions and applications because of its brand awareness, data localization advantages, and expected better network performance.
However, when connecting to GCP through public internet for exchanging critical and huge amount of data, enterprises still have concerns over stability and security related issues. With possible detour of internet routing via other countries, there are still concerns of non-compliance with enterprises’ security policy. Understanding the requirements of enterprises, Chief Telecom establishes the solution of “Chief Cloud eXchange (CCX) x Google Cloud Interconnect,” which offers a connection service with the shortest route to Google’s backbone; users will be able to access GCP for enterprise cloud applications via Chief Telecom’s POPs of global network backbone, and enjoy a private connection quality that is secure, fast and low-latency.
Network Service Structure
Chief Cloud eXchange (CCX) x Google Cloud Interconnect provides enterprises with:
- Direct access to GCP through Chief Telecom’s POPs of global network backbone.
- Private connection service for using Google Cloud Interconnect.
- Better connection reliability and delivery rate.
- Stable connection with low latency (POP to POP).
- Higher connection speed (maximum 10Gbps).
- Those who require secure connections for cloud platforms when accessing the data stored at GCP’s datacenters in Taiwan due to compliance with information security regulations.
- Those who require guarantee of internet connection quality when accessing key enterprise applications.
- Those who need to transfer a large amount of data to GCP consistently or within a short period of time.
- Those who deploy GCP for enterprise data storage, back up and disaster recovery (DR) applications.
- Those who need to solve the issue of poor internet connection quality at certain areas.
- Better connection quality: Higher service quality and reliability are ensured for enterprise key applications through dedicated connections with GCP.
- Guaranteed secure connections: Instead of connecting through public internet, users will be free of worries to transfer sensitive data through connections that are safe and reliable.
- Flexible speed choices: Connection speeds ranging from 10Mbps to 10Gbps are available based on users’ needs.